Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics and Ghana

Why do I feel that it has been rather quiet on the Ghanaian media front (except maybe from a few sports journalists?) regarding Ghana's contingent to the Olympics? I hardly heard anything about the group, and who they were, and their strengths/weaknesses/preparations/hopes/fears, plus of course those of their coaches. And then there is the question to how many "officials" went along with nine competitors? Not to speak of those who accompanied President Kufuor on his trip...

When will we ever learn? or is this just another case of the last minute? Isn't this now the time to be thinking, and preparing for 2012? and maybe 2016? Who is out there looking at the kids of 10-12 to see their potential, and help to mature it.

Lousy language, I know, but this is really bugging me.

1 comment:

The Author said...

My friends and I have discussed this many times. If the journalists won't discuss it, it may be because of the shame of it all. Thanks for speaking many minds.